Interested in finding out the steps to eliminate QuickBooks error code 99001? If yes, then reading this post till the end will work. QuickBooks error message 6073, 99001 can be seen when you try to open a company file that has the file extension .qbe in multi-user mode. An error message stating “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file” might appear on the screen.
The user is recommended to switch to multi-user mode, so that he/she can use both company files simultaneously. The file can also be spotted in a read only network folder, if it is, then it is suggested to contact the system administrator of the system to make the file accessible.
To know more about such an error, make sure to read the post till the end. Or you can also contact our team professionals at +1-8445210490 and ask them to help you with the elimination of the issue.
What leads to such an error in QuickBooks?
The user can end up in such an error due to the below reasons:
- In case the file is open on another system in single-user mode.
- Or if the file is being accessed using a remote application (LogMeIn, GoToMyPc, etc.) while the host server detects that you’re still logged on in the system.
- Another reason can be if the file is located in a read only network folder.
- Or if the files are hosted on a Linux server and are using more than one set of login credentials to sign on to the shared folder.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 99001
The user can perform the below steps to eliminate the error successfully. Note that, the network data files (.nd) and transaction log files (.tlg) are usually labelled as the hidden files. Thus, the user will have to unhide the files to fix the error.
- The very first step is to open my computer
- Once done with that the user is required to move to the Tools menu and also click on Folder options.
- Now, head to the View tab and also click on Show hidden files and folders.
- The next step is to open data folder to see the network data files and transaction log file.
- And also, right-click the Network data file and choose Properties.
Alternate solution- Rename Corrupted or unavailable network data file
- Here, the user is supposed to open the Windows explorer.
- And then, look for the folder which stores the QuickBooks company file.
- After that right click the Company file with network data and QB company file extension.
- Once done with that modify the File extension from .old and then hit Enter key.
- The next step is to change the name of the .OLD file in QuickBooks desktop
- And also, open the QuickBooks and company file
With this we come to the end of this post right here and hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 99001 from its root cause. However, if there is any query or if the user needs our assistance, then contacting our QuickBooks helpline team professionals at +1-8445210490 is recommended.
Also Read: Postingpanel