While carrying out your accounting operations on the QuickBooks software, you can encounter a runtime error known as QuickBooks error 80029c4a while attempting to access your company file. Typically, you’ll see this Error when the company file you’re trying to access is damaged.
Let’s examine the factors that could have caused this runtime issue. This post will help you find a permanent solution to the Error and will resolve all of your apprehensions related to this issue. You might the following error message on your desktop screen:
Factors that incite QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
The following are some of the main reasons why QuickBooks Error 80029c4a occurs:
- Essential QuickBooks files got corrupted.
- Some antivirus programs and third-party security programs may interfere with QuickBook’s operation.
- There may be some damaged or missing Windows Registry entries.
- Installation of the QuickBooks application is unsuccessful or incomplete.
How to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Just as there are several reasons behind the Error, likewise, there are many walkways to getting this Error fixed. Just follow this section carefully and implement all the steps mentioned herein:
Method 1: Repairing your QuickBooks Desktop Software
Some files from QuickBooks Desktop Software may have some internal problems. It is advised that you Repair your QuickBooks Desktop using the steps listed below to address these problems. Addressing these problems would also help you fix the QuickBooks error 80029c4a.
- Open the “Control Panel” by hitting on the Windows Start menu and looking for “control panel” in the “search” bar.
- When the control panel is open, hit “Programs and Features.”
- Locate “QuickBooks” in the list that appears on the screen by scrolling down.
- Choose “Uninstall/Change” from the menu.
- Opt for “Next.”
- Press the Repair button.
- Restart your computer. Open QuickBooks Desktop again and see if the QuickBooks error 80029c4a is still present.
Method 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version
The QuickBooks Desktop software should always be updated because each update can correct flaws found in earlier versions of the software and also includes other essential features. By following the steps listed below, you can update the QuickBooks Desktop program with ease:
- Select ‘Update QuickBooks’ under the ‘Help’ option.
- Choose the updates you want to download, then click the “Get Updates” button.
- Choose “Update” and wait for the operation to be completed.
Method 3: Register QuickBooks Desktop Services using the ‘Reboot.bat’ file
- To open a file location, right-click QuickBooks Desktop, and choose “properties.”
- Tap on ‘’open file location’’. You shall be directed to the QuickBooks folder.
- Hit on the “run as administrator” option after right-clicking the “reboot.bat” file and choosing that option.
- You must ensure that “reboot.bat” is run as the Windows Administrator.
- Watch for the procedure’s completion.
- After finishing, perform a system restart.
- Reopen the QuickBooks program to see if the QuickBooks Error 80029c4a has been fixed.
Method 4: Examine the Quarantine Folder of your Antivirus
An antivirus tool occasionally has a tendency to flag certain files and services as potential system dangers. When this happens, the antivirus program automatically sends the offending files to the quarantine folder, where they stop functioning. This could cause QuickBooks Error 80029c4a to appear. Follow the steps below to access your quarantine folder, and take any QuickBooks-related programs and files out of there before you leave.
- Access the quarantine folder by launching your antivirus program.
- Look through the quarantine folder for any files linked to QuickBooks Desktop.
- If QuickBooks files are found, remove them from the quarantine folder.
- After that, launch the QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Be careful to include the same file as an exception in your antivirus after the system has rebooted.
- When you’re finished, launch QuickBooks Desktop and check to see if the issue has been fixed.
Method 5: Go for an SFC scan
You must carry out the following actions to do an SFC scan using the command prompt:
- Press the “Win and R” keys at the same time. The Run Window appears on the screen.
- Type “cmd” here and hit “Enter.”
- After the command prompt window has opened, enter the command “SFC/Scannow” and the “Enter” key.
- Watch for the procedure to finish.
- After you’re done, restart your computer and launch the QuickBooks Desktop program to see if the QuickBooks Error 80029c41 has been resolved.
This article should have assisted you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 80029c4a. If the Error keeps bothering you even after making this effort, we advise you to call our 24X7 QuickBooks error support team via our helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347 for help.