QuickBooks has different features and functions that make the day-to-day accounting process easy. It has a restore feature using which users can restore the data that gets damaged or corrupted. Unfortunately, while restoring the files, users sometimes get QuickBooks restore failed error. This backup error pops up on the screen with a message, “Restore Failed. This is an Invalid Format of a Post QuickBooks 2007 Backup File.” The error usually takes place when the backup is restored from a USB flash drive to a network drive. In this blog, we will discuss other reasons and solutions to fix QuickBooks POS restore backup failed error, so stay connected until the end.
If you need instant help to eliminate QuickBooks restore failed error, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team via 1.855.738.2784 and have words with them.
What triggers QuickBooks POS restore backup failed error?
The reasons that trigger this backup error in QuickBooks are as follows:
- The backup of the company file was made in a newer QuickBooks version.
- The file you are using to restore is not actually a backup file.
- QuickBooks company file is compromised.
- QuickBooks’ company file name is not correct, i.e. it includes special characters.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error H303
Best Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks backup restore failed error
Solution 1. Change the name of the QuickBooks company file to remove special characters
- Move to the location of the QuickBooks folder.
- Open the folder that has the company file and then right-click the file.
- Select the Rename option and change the name of the company file.
- Make sure the file name has no spaces and special characters.
Solution 2. Change the location of the backup file before restoring
- Close QuickBooks, open Windows Explorer, and move to the location where you saved the backup file.
- Copy the backup file and move to the desktop.
- There, create a new folder and open it.
- Next, paste the copied backup file to a new folder.
Solution 3. Repair QuickBooks company file using the Rebuild Data Tool
- In QuickBooks, move to the File menu and choose Utilities.
- Select Rebuild Data, go to the QuickBooks Information window and click OK.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to save backup and wait till the tool repairs the company file.
- Go back to the File menu, choose Utilities and click Verify Data.
- Wait till the Rebuild Data Tool checks the company file for data issues.
- If the program detects any problem, click Rebuild Now, and if QuickBooks doesn’t find any issue, continue using the company file.
If none of the above solutions work, download QuickBooks Tool Hub and run File Doctor to resolve issues within the company file. You can also use Quick Fix my File to repair the company file.
We know it is difficult to resolve QuickBooks restore failed error on your own. But, we are hopeful that the solutions discussed above will help you fix the issue. If it continues, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for assistance by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784
Turo Clone Statistics The car rental industry has gained huge popularity in recent years. According to the statistics, the global...
Boat Shaped Tables can accommodate up to six people and are more versatile than traditional square or rectangular tables. They...
Glovo Clone Statistics According to the statistics, revenue in the Food Delivery business reached $107.44 billion in 2019 and is...
Packaging materials are a must for every company or e-commerce store for selling products. Packaging material improves the products’ efficiency...
Ideal quality is important for Cardboard Sleeves boxes. To get the best size of the box for your particular product...
ICSI Success Stories Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a refined form of In-vitro Fertilization (IVF). In ICSI, a single healthy...