When you install QuickBooks on Windows for the first time, you might encounter QuickBooks Desktop error 1603. The Windows security policies might be interfering with QuickBooks and that is why your QuickBooks terminates with error 1603. This is an internal error in the update installer and can be easily fixed. In this article, we will talk about the reasons and show you how to terminate the error effectively using a few simple user-friendly solutions.
If you need help in fixing the error or you are not able to understand the steps, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 for technical assistance with the same.
Why Am I Getting Error 1603?
You might be encountering the error due to the following reasons –
- QuickBooks is not properly installed.
- Creator updates have been installed on your Windows 10 recently.
- There is damage in the QuickBooks installer.
- Windows security policies interfering with QuickBooks updates download process.
You may read this blog also: QuickBooks Black and White Screen
Solutions to Settle QuickBooks Error 1603
The following steps can help you fix the error effectively –
Solution 1 – Use the Install Diagnostic Tool
Go to QuickBooks Tool hub and select Installation Issues > QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Once the diagnosis finishes, restart your PC.
Solution 2 – Get your Windows Up-to-date
Updating Windows can help in fixing the 1603 error.
- Open the Run window and type Control Panel. Hit the Enter key.
- Select Windows Update > Check for Updates > Install Now.
- Now, restart your computer and update the QuickBooks application.
Solution 3 – Repair Windows Components Manually
- Repairing the .Net framework
- Type Appwiz.cpl in the the run window and press Enter.
- Go to the Programs and Feature list > Microsoft .Net Framework > Uninstall/Change.
- Find Add/Remove Windows Features on the Programs and Features window and select
Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Tick-mark the first and second boxes and finish the uninstall process.
- Now, install the latest version of .Net framework.
2. Repairing Microsoft MSXML
For 64-bit OS –
- Type cmd on the Start menu and select Run as Admin.
- Enter cd\windows\syswow64 when the C: prompt appears.
- Now, type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and hit Enter.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop again.
For 32-bit OS –
- Press Windows + R and type cmd.
- Type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press Enter.
- Lastly, Install the QB desktop application.
Solution 4 – Install QuickBooks in Safe Mode
Installing QuickBooks in the startup mode might help to resolve the QuickBooks Desktop 1603 error.
- Type msconfig in the run command box.
- Select Selective startup and Load system services from the General tab.
- Go to the Services tab > Hide all Microsoft Services > Disable all.
- Select the Windows Installer checkbox and uncheck the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Press OK and select Restart.
- Once your PC restarts, install QB using the Clean Install Tool from the Tool hub.
- Now go back to the General tab and select Normal Startup > OK > Restart and switch to normal mode.
The solutions given above will help in fixing the QuickBooks Desktop error 1603. If you are still getting the error, contact our technical team at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate assistance in fixing the error.
This blog is posted on postingpanel.com