GP Rating is an acronym for GP Rating Sponsorship. It’s an after-school pre-school training programme that even 10th graders may join! This training will assist in the development of a Merchant Navy career. This programme is for people who want a challenging and fascinating job. Financially, career opportunities after completing a GP Rating course are plentiful! The essentials of the General Purpose Rating course, including its scope, career opportunities after completion, remuneration information, eligibility requirements, and medical standards, will be covered in this post.
Important vitals to know before the GP sponsorship
Here is a list of all the improtant things that you need to have before you go for sponsorship test for gp rating:
- You must be at least 17 years old and no more than 25 years old to be eligible for merchant navy testing. According to government legislation, the maximum age relaxation for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes is five years.
- Physical Fitness: Working at sea demands a high degree of physical fitness. A certificate of fitness from a licenced medical practitioner is required for admission to a course. Disabled candidates are not allowed to enrol in merchant navy courses.
- Eyesight: 6/12 in each eye or 6/9 in the better eye and 6/18 in the other eye for distant unaided vision. Color blindness is not tolerated in any situation.
- Academic Contribution: 1. A total of 60 percent in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, as well as a minimum of 50 percent in English, is required for the officer grade.
- ITI was passed: Pass a two-year ITI programme from any government-approved institute with a minimum of 50% overall in the final years and a minimum of 40% in English.
- You must have received a 40 percent on your board tests. The course is not open to students who have a compartment. This must also be from a reputable board, since you will not be able to participate in the course if you have an external certificate.
- Make sure you have all of the necessary paperwork before applying.
What are the main components of the GP sponsorship?
The gp rating sponsorship course will last six months. It’s a training session that’s been pre-recorded. The GP Rating programme is meant to train cadets for two important maritime occupations: deck crew and engine crew. Individual deck and engine ratings courses are available. GP Rating, on the other hand, combines the two and instructs applicants in both Deck and Engine Rating!
On a ship, what does a GP Rating do?
Your work profile will alter depending on whether you join Deck or Engine.
- Deck department – Ship Maintenance, Assist with Navigation and Cargo Operation, Engine department – General Engine Room Cleaning, Assist with Engine Room Maintenance
- A basic understanding of the ship’s routine, operations, rules, and responsibilities is required.
- Basic engineering concepts, maintenance, and safe operating practises must also be understood.
- A solid foundation for firefighting and first-aid safety, as well as accidents, preventative measures, and marine pollution.
What are the eligibility requirements for GP Rating Courses?
- A minimum of 40% in English, Science, and Mathematics from a recognised board in 10th/12th grade is required.
- Minimum of 40% from a government recognised board 12th Standard (any stream) pass with a minimum of 40% aggregate from a government recognised board In 10th and 12th grades, English is 40%, although in 10th grade, English, Math, and Science are all 40%.
Course on GP Ratings Maximum Age
On the start date of the course, diploma and degree holders must be between the ages of 17.5 and 25. The maximum age is 27 years old. For SC/ST applicants, the maximum age limit is 30 years.
What exactly is a GP Rating Salary?
Salary may vary based on the organisation you work for, but will initially range from $200 to $350 and will grow with experience and knowledge.
Allow the experts to give you with my wage information. I was paid $200 as a Trainee, 900 as an OS, and 1500 as an AB, and after passing my examinations, I was promoted to Officer.
Earning that salary, though, takes a lot of labour and time. To become an AB, you must finish at least two or three contracts as a trainee and then 2-3 contracts as an OS at any respectable organisation.
GP COURSE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
When it comes to admissions requirements, they consider three major factors: educational credentials, medical/physical standards, and the candidate’s age. Let’s take a look at each one separately.
A 10th grade diploma is the minimum educational qualification (from a Recognized Board). Applicants with higher educational credentials are also welcome to apply. This also means that students who finished 10th grade but failed 12th grade can enrol in this course!
MEDICAL AND PHYSICAL CARE STANDARDS
You must be physically fit in all areas, according to Merchant Shipping standards. You must be flawless in medicals and outstanding in physicals. They must be able to navigate at sea. Both eyes must have a 6/6 vision (unaided vision). Furthermore, the candidate must not be colorblind.
As previously indicated, the age of the applicant is considered throughout the admissions process. It has to be between 18 and 25 years old.
SCOPE, JOBS, AND SALARY INFORMATION
After completing the GP Rating course, one can work as a Deck or Engine crew member on a ship. One can sit for the 2nd Mate Exam and ascend to Officer after 36 months at sea. With more sea duty and examinations (oral and/or written), one can progress through the Ranks.
It is a fantastic course to acquire the skills if you can find a job; otherwise, it is a terrific course to gain the skills. So now you know how the GP Rating sponsorship colleges are expected to hire you get enrolled and help you perform in the future. If you have sponsorship from a credible organization, you are welcome; nevertheless, be wary of agents who offer you sponsorship or a job. You can only achieve the best results if you look for the proper solutions.